• B l o g g e r J •
heartstrings.
shetellsherstory.

March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
June 2010


Jenyce Lim Jia Ni's Facebook Profile

♥ Jenyce
Thursday, January 8, 200911:25 PMDays since Dec 2008

Hi people, it's been more than a month since I last blogged! Pardon me for the hiatus! Loads have happened since the last entry and I have no idea where to start! There are countless of photos to upload here so I've decided to make them into collages and summarise the events!



To view a larger image just click on the image itself okie? (:



Christmas gathering at Punggol 23rd Dec 08




The 8 of us ( Wenli, Chinhan, Lawrence, Chelle, Wenda, Yiwee, Aiting & Me) got together for a potluck session + xmas gift exchange at Wen's place! I went over to Wen's place earlier to help after meeting the super aodrable Denzel for icecream! Wen and I had our very first cupcake-making attempt! Then helped her grill the honey roasted chicken wings! The others contributed potato salad, bread, Sandwiches, nonya kuays, curry puffs, nuggets, sotongballs and koniyaku jelly!


After dinner we played pictionary and had tons of laughter! We were split into 2 groups and each group came up with the words for the other group to draw and guess. [Chinhan, Aiting, Wenda and Yiwee] Vs [Wenli, Chelle, Lawrence and Me]! Some words are so kuku and we had a hard time to decipher the drawings! I remembered some of the words given by my rival group- Miss Yamuna (like wth!?), Agnes B, itunes, ( how to draw sia!) and we weren't that friendly too! We set words like- Diffusion, Pantyhose, Flirt, Dilation ( hahaha.. those words were enough to defeat them!) And our group won by 1 mark in the end! Woo hoo!


After the game was gift exchange! I got a cute notebook from Wenda (: And also, I made something for everyone! Photoframe with a picture taken with that person and xmas greetings printed on it! I also decorated the frame with cute xmas figurines! Chin han baked brownies for everyone and Chelle also baked yummy cookies for us! (Diabetic man!) Wenli gave everyone a handmade card and I love it very much! Along with those, I've got cards from Wenda and Yiwee too! (:


Moments before leaving the place, we cam-whored! It was so much fun! We've decided to go to Law's place nxt year for the xmas gathering!


I think before you know it, it'd be xmas again!

Xmas eve with my love





Darling and I didnt wanna be part of the crowd in town( or any crowd-expected places) so we decided to go West Coast Plaza for our Xmas eve dinner! Before that, we headed to Marina Barrage. It was drizzling plus I was in a very uncomfortable pair of sandals so I was in a foul mood! Poor darling had to cheer me up during the whole journey! We had dinner at Newyork newyork as the queue was one of the shortest! Both of us had Ribeye Steak and Hot latte and to my disappointment, the waiting time was damn long and the steak wasnt that great :( Despite that, we enjoyed the cheesesticks and cotton candy! We took alot of pretty pictures too(:


And after dinner we hopped to Ben&Jerry's for icecream! Then continued to take tons of pictures with the xmas trees and decors in the mall. I love the xmas atmosphere and the warm and fuzzy feeling of the season! Feel so blessed to have someone to love and being loved! I thank god everyday for him (:


After that we didnt know where else to go so we've decided to go to his place so we can 二人世界! We drank liquor and had our own gift exchange! Darling got me an ipod nano and engraved a meaningful picture and message behind it! And.. he recorded a video of him singing our 'cheenabeartwee' xmas song! Super super cute!!!! =D I love my silly darling!


JB trip 13 Dec 08


I was feeling depressed over what has happened at home and darling brought me to JB to so-called 散心. The best cure to mood-swings is food. Whenever I am moody, just give me nice food and I'll feel better! We had a feast at Taman Sentosa after walking around in City Square and Jusco.




Yakiyakibo @ JP



On one of the saturdays, we decided to visit the newly-extended JP! The crowd was scary! JP is now double of what it used to be but the new shops there were not as good as I've expected. I thought there was gonna be MNG, Dorothy Perkins, Forever21 kind of shops but there were none! Only those normal boutiques plus many salons and footwear shops. There are so many new eateries and restaurants and some of them are quite well-known so foodwise it's not too bad. Darling and I had a hard time deciding what to eat as most of the diners are full house and the queues were super long! Ended up going back to the old JP side's Japan Street for Yakiyakibo. We really liked the food there and I think it's one of the best tepanyaki I've tasted!



Boxing Day @ DblO


Joined darling's buddies for drinks and dance at DblO. Irene Ang, Michelle Chia, Fiona Xie and Alan Wu were there too for their Carlsberg promotion. But I think they somehow spoilt the mood in the club. We took a hell lot of pictures that night! I was quite drunk after drinking a few rounds and started spouting rubbish. Haha. Poor darling had to take care of me and himself not able to drink too much. We hit the dancefloor and I met Xinhui and Sebas there! After clubbing we had bak kut teh then darling sent me home by cab. I guess the alcohol made me sleep very well that night.


Darling's uni friends gathering 27 Dec 08


Met his uni friends for dinner in town then was drinks at Emerald Hill Bar. My tummy was not well after eating the laksa but I think the peanuts made me better.. I think I've met all darling's cliques already. Sec Sch, JC and Uni friends. Left with primary sch friends. haha


Roller-blading @ ECP 28 Dec 08


My very first rollerblading attempt since 8years ago! To be exact, it was my 2nd attempt but I still haven't master it completely! I could only blade in one direction. Can't really change direction and brake properly. Darling gave me 9/10 cuz I did not fall a single time! (: Quite good for a noob like me! So hope by the next attempt I can master rollerblading!

Excision of Sebaceuos Cyst @ Mount E 31st Dec 08


Spent the last day of 2008 on the hospital bed after doing the surgery to remove the sebaceuos cyst on my butt! I just removed the stiches yesterday and still unable to sit properly till today! But at least it wont bother me anymore in the future! Darling sent me to Mount E early morning as I have to be admitted at 7am and surgery was at 9am. He kept me company till around 8.20am as he as to go to work. The surgery lasted for about one hour. Dr Ho gave me local anesthetic so I was aware of the whole process! He damn funny la! Before the procedure, he talked to me about hypnosis. He said this " Do you know about Hypnosis? I'm gonna hypnotise you now so you wont be aware of surgery. So now, take 3 deep breaths and when I count to 3, you close your eyes and go to sleep! One...Two...Three!"


Diaos. So easy fall asleep meh? Especially when I was in an awkward position for the surgery! Had to lie flat on my chest and tilt one thigh outwards. How to sleep? The 5 jabs of anesthetic were killing me! I was like jerking each time he injected it! Arrghh. After the jab, although most of the parts were numb but occasionally I felt pain when he cut my skin! Couldnt really feel it but I could clearly hear the sounds of him cutting my skin and digging the cyst out! Eeeeeks


After the op, my whole left leg was motionless due to the anethetic acting on it. The nurse had to wheelchair me back to my ward. Did I mention that I was in a 2-bedder and the bed beside me was not occupied so I had the whole ward to myself! I laid on the bed for the whole morning until my lunch came. I had a really hard time sitting up to eat! After lunch, watch abit of HBO then fell asleep until Wenli came to visit. So nice of her to bring snacks for me! hee. She had to leave for work after a while and I went back to sleep! Had no idea why I felt so sleepy in the ward all the time! Maybe it's the smell of medicine! It was quite a luxury during my stay cuz all my meals were sent to my bed and I could just alert the nurse for anything I need. Lie on the bed all day with no worries! HAHA. The only bad thing was every few hours they must come disturb me. One moment check BP, next moment check my wound then after a while take medicine. Mum came to visit me after work and brought me bird nest! Woohoo! Anyway, the most sad thing was, I had to countdown to 2009 in the ward. Luckily darling came to accompany me and brought me supper! Lawrence called me to wish me happy new year too. How sweet of him! Chelle and Wen wanted to come visit me after midnight but I was afraid they get scoldings from the nurse on duty so asked them not to come.


On new year day, I was woken up at 6am! They brought me breakfast so early! Then Dr Ho came to visit. Darling came at 9 plus to help me do discharge and sent me home.


I spent my last day of 2008 in Mt E and it was an unforgettable experience!


Flea Market @ Holland V 3 Jan 09

Shared a stall with Auntie Cher and her daughter so rental was $7.50 each for Wen and me! I brought alot of my old clothes and stuff to sell and it was quite desirable. Most of the customers are philiphinos and they can really bargain! When i just got there, even before I had the time to set up the stall, the philiphinos started to open my case and bags to dig out my stuff! They were very enthusiastic about the flea mkt and could shop there for the whole afternoon! Gonna have another stall on the 18th Jan. This time gonna sell something different.


Some of the other stuff i did over the past few weeks.. Caught Ip Man with darling's buddies @ bugis, lunch with 6 fingers @ Clementi, Ice cream with Chelle @ youknowwhere, dinner with Law and Wen @Botak Jones BB and mahjong session @ Chelle's place.

And guess what! I was stalked by a banglah the night after the mahjong session! He followed me across the overhead bridge. I felt something amiss so I increased the speed of my pace and he did so too! OMG. I was shivering with fear! Then after crossing the bridge, I was like stopping at the kerb to wait for cab and he stopped behind me at a distance. Then at the corner of my eye i saw him coming towards me!! I was like praying for a cab to come but damn it.. he came to me and asked me where I was going!!! Holy shit! I ignored his question and he was like smiling to me non stop. ARGGH. Then he asked me " Are you going to Bt Batok?" I summoned my courage and SHOUTED very loudly " I AM NOT GOING TO BT BATOK!!" I could feel myself shiver in my tone but I acted brave. Then THANK GOD a cab came in time and I hurried onto the cab! I told the driver what happened and he told me to calm down. The uncle told me whenever he picked up girls late at night, he would ensure he sees them into the lift before he drives off. He's so nice right? Then my cab fee was 7 plus but he only charged me 7 bucks! Okays, I promised my darling never to go home alone like that anymore.

Tuition started this week and the kids are still cutest as ever! Although Adrian still pisses me off every lesson, I still love him very much. After tuition, I helped the maid to prepare them for school. Can you imagine Primary school kids nowadays carry school bags bigger than themselves! OMG. Adrian's bag is like much heavier than mine during my secondary school days! I had a hard time carrying it, not mentioning him carrying it himself! Sigh. So poor thing. Ashley's bag is also so damn heavy! :( Felt my heart ache when I saw them carrying the bags to school. No wonder kids nowadays are all slouching!

Anyway, they were so happy that I was able to send them to school and they requested for me to send them to school every Thurs and Friday! How could I reject?

And also...did I mention I spent ALOT of money buying new Clothes, Shoes, Bags and lingerie?