Sunday, June 1, 20082:30 AMTokyo Madness 23-30th May 2008
Japan is one of the best countries that I have visited! The place is super clean, the people are super friendly and polite, the service is super efficient! I'm super impressed! I wanna go back to Japan asap!
I got so sick of Japanese food! Everyday every meal all jap food for a week! Although I love jap food very much, after my return, I didnt want to eat jap food for a month!
The day of my departure, darling came down alone to send us off (: The thought of me leaving him for a week made me nearly cry.



The flight took about 7 hours! Shortly after the plane took off, my nose couldn't stop running. It was terrible! Probably cuz the area was compact and the air was unclean so my sensitive nose couldnt take it! Then one of the stewardess was so nice. She gave me extra attention, kept walking over to ask if i was alright. Then she saw me blowing my nose non-stop, she gave me a box of tissue along with 2 packs of poker cards.

The legendary 'wash butt' toilet bowl. You can choose either bidet or just water splashing directly onto ur ass hole. And you can adjust the water temperature and turn on music too! You can find this everywhere in Japan.
Day 1: Arrival in Japan: Check in to Kanda Station Hotel and went for dinner.

In Tokyo there plenty of ferris wheel! It's like within 2km I saw two. Unlike in Sg, Only one Singapore Flyer.
The very friendly chef and the very delicious sushi!

Day 2: Tokyo Disney Land

Taken at our hotel lobby

Mr Takayoshi, our japanese friend
We had soba for breakfast at an eatery @ Tokyo Railway Station. The best soba i ever had in my life!
Satisfied after our meal
The police on duty in the train station has to stand there throughout!
My disney land tix















Once I stepped into the Pooh shop, the first person on my mind was my bestie Ms Tan Woon Li!






I wanna buy that top! but it's super ex :(





There's this part in Disney Land where the buildings are very European style. So beautiful!
.





I shoot myself



I am Jenyce Sparrow!


Help!





We wanted to stay till 8pm for the fireworks but at around 5 plus, it rained heavily. We took shelter in a cafe for 2 hours! Then we decided not to wait for the fireworks and not to take the tour bus back to hotel. In the end, we took a cab all the way back to Kanda. The taxi fare very scary. When you board, it's already about 700 Yen = 9 plus Sing. Then each time the meter increases abt few dollars Sing! When we reached Kanda, it's already 6000 Yen = $80!!!!!! Don't ever take cab in Japan!!!!!!

The waitress in a restaurant selling all TEMPURA stuff! She's a year younger than me! My dinner was very yummy!
Day 3: One day tour to King's Palace, Asakusa and Tokyo Tower
Thought of wenli when i saw this on the coach.

It rained the whole morning. Made my pants really wet! Didnt really enjoy the tour to the palace cuz there wasnt much to see. We weren't allowed to enter the palace, merely stood outside it and take pictures. The gate was not even opened. Stupid tour!

Then we arrived at Asakusa. The retrospective streets relate to the time when Tokyo was once called Edo. Step back in time when you walk along the streets selling ancient jap food and stuff. Very interesting.








Tempura, Udon and Rice for lunch.. a lil too much!! Oh man..

My new friend, Zhou Hua from Shanghai. She was in Tokyo for some work attachment. By the way, she an accountant working in Mitsubishi. We're still contacting each other through emails! (:
We took a ferry ride which passed by 16 unique bridges. Each bridge has its unique shape and size. There is one that resembles the London bridge

I didnt know that Tokyo Tower is tallest Tower till date. As in tower made with metal. It's taller than Eiffel Tower in Paris! If i'm not wrong, it's 333m tall. The Japanese are building another even taller one which is completing soon.
The view from the mid-tower observatory



It's pretty scary standing there. You can see the bottom of the tower through it. My legs were jelly when I stood there.
After the tower tour we went to Odaiba, the waterfront area that offers many kinds of entertainment. There is a huge amusement zone where you can enjoy shopping, delicious food, entertainment and the view of Tokyo Bay.

We dropped by the Toyota Showcase! Plenty of cool cars!


Then we went to Palette Town, a shopping mall that has ceiling painted like our sky. It changes colour at different times, like the sky at different times of the day. The shopping mall is like few times bigger than our neighbourhood malls. It has a casino in it too!

The structures of the shops are Venice-inspired. Awww so cool



Fountain in the middle of the mall





Went for coffee @ star bucks again! mum got addicted to it!
Chiobu spotted!
Went back to Kanda for dinner. The food was superb!




Day 4: Shibuya, Ueno, Nihombashi, Mitsukoshimae
Woke up very early that morning, had breakfast at a very cosy coffee place. Had toast and steamed milk. Initially, had difficulty communicating with the waiter. I wanted milk but he made coffee. But he was kind enough to change the coffee to milk for us.

It was my first time in Japan but I didnt have difficulty travelling around by myself. They have like 6 different train companies, the routes all intersect with one another. Kinda easy to travel around. Just bring along the train route map!
oh btw, that day when we took train ourselves around Tokyo, the trains services were all disrupted. Sigh.. a lady jumped onto the track! Not sure whether she was trying to kill herself or was it an accident. Although i wasnt very familiar with all the trains services, (as in which line connects to which), I was able to find my way around the huge city.

Fishes sold in the supermarkets are super fresh! Can make sashimi! yumyum


The fruits in Japan are damn expensive! 3 mangosteens for 20 plus Sing!! Apples are super overpriced too!


Japanese cheesecakes are the best!

Mummy went for a 30 mins head massage and that night she slept well!

We did manicure here.

The Shibuya 109, a fashion building popular among teenage girls
Our nails after manicure!

Nice Ramen! Too many to choose from.



Next we went to Ueno, a town where you can feel history and culture. The lively stores are typically found downtown.
We went starbucks again!
Then we shopped around the streets.
Sumo wrestlers go shopping in kimonos

I like this pic very much. A mix of Japan culture and western.
Monopoly machine in the arcade! I wanna play!!!
Next, we went to Mitsukoshimae. Takashimaya is found there.

Then to Nihombashi, a town abounding with traditions and sensitive to modern fashions. Long established shops inheriting historic and traditional arts and financial institutions are found there



The major departmental store equivalent to Takashimaya
The exterior of the shopping mall tells it all..
Satie Chocolates! We bought 2 boxes of them!
This is a poster in the train stations. I still see ladies putting on makeups in the trains though...

Since when did pikachu become so huge?
Day 5: Mt Fuji and Hakone, Ginza and Shinjuku
The very friendly bell boy at Meritus Mandarin Hotel

Quadriplets! WOW
Be prepared for breath-taking view of Mt Fuji.....





The man sitting next to me on the coach for the tour to Mt Fuji. He's from Australia! His wife was still sleeping in the hotel room and he came on tour alone!







Lunch @ Hakone
my new friends from LA
Carmen and her bf from Holland

Multiples of me
Next was the ferry ride to the cable car, that takes us to another mountain, from there, we can have a better view of Mt Fuji
So sweeeeeet



I'm on the top of the world!!!
In the evening, we went to Ginza, an elegant and stylish city. Old departmental stores and prestigious boutiques are found there. I heard that the japanese dun usually shop here cuz the things there are too overpriced. A flamboyant district for sophisicated ppl.

Had sushi for dinner. Even the worst sushi shop in Japan is better than Sakae in Singapore.
After dinner we took train to Shinjuku, the core of Tokyo metropolis. The west area is neatly lined up with skyscrapers and the south is scattered with tourist spots. And i heard that the red-light districts are located there.
Day 6: FOOMA Japan International Food Machinery & Technology Exhibition @ Kokusai Tenjijyo (Expo)
We went for the food machinery exhibition. It was really an eye-opener for me! Too bad photography was not allowed or i would have taken pics of those incredible machines! I wanna buy them to start a business myself! Mum said she would support me! WOOO

Then we came to Shinagawa and checked in to Price Hotel. Shinagawa thrived in the Edo era as the first post town of the former Tokaido. Lots of shops around this town. And Tokyo Bay is located here too! Although it has been renewed, it still maintains a reminiscence of the good old days in Tokaido.
The 7/11 near my hotel. Check out the sign. How cool is that?
The hotel we stayed for the last 2 nights. This hotel is 100X better than the previous one i stayed at!!! The location, service, structure and everything two thumbs up!
The hotel receptionist. She's so pretty!
The restaurant in my hotel. Nicely furnished!


I was so thrilled to find out that this hotel has an internet cafe! I immediately went online to chat with darling and my beloved friends! I miss them sooooo much!!!!
It was pretty tough typing on the keyboard cuz their keyboard is totally different from ours. The positions of certain keys are different so I had a hard time figuring out where they are. I kept typing japanese characters accidentally!
I reluctantly went back to the hotel room...




Not forgetting to study for my last paper while on tour =p
Next day morning, had breakfast @ mac in front of our hotel
Then dinner at the same restaurant we dined at the previous night cuz the food was too good.

The last few hours in Japan...
shuttle bus service from my hotel to the Narita Airport
see, the starting fare for the cab in that area is 710 Yen = 9.443 Sing
I'm so proud to see the Airbus A380 model in the airport. Finally going home!
we settled for breakfast @ mac
The menu is pretty much the same. maybe just one or two diff meal.


A380 is so spacious!

We went to tour around the plane, went to the upper deck of the plane. Many ppl were doing the same.


My 1st ever pic with SIA girl

The screen is LCD! Image damn clear! I watched step up 2, enchanted, ah long pte ltd, and i forgot which. Shiok! Then i listened to the whole Leona Lewis album

I'm above the clouds!!Weeeeeee. Very near Singapore!